Sunday, January 4, 2009

Series Sunday - Elemental Witches




Anya Bast's Elemental Witch series is set in the contemporary world. There are four types of witches, fire, earth, air and water. Each of these witches, both male and female, have special powers that coincide with their element. The witches operate under The Coven. This is the governing authority over the witches.

There are witches, now called warlocks, that broke away from The Coven and they are the "bad guys". The overall series arc has a good vs. evil vibe. Each book stands alone as far as romance between the main characters, but there is a connecting overall story thread between books. So far there have been two books published in the series, with a third to release this week. I think Ms. Bast has created a solid paranormal world and steamed up the pages of her books with compelling love stories.

Series Reading Order:

1. Witch Fire (Mira and Jack)
2. Witch Blood (Isabelle and Thomas)
3. Witch Heart (Claire and Adam)

4 comments:

nath said...

Are you going to read Witch Heart? I've seen it in the bookstore and I'm hesitating... I still haven't read Witch Fire and Witch Blood was okay... so I'm wondering if I should try Witch Heart... although the blurb sounds very good.

Jill D. said...

Yep, I am going to read Witch Heart. I say give it a go. You have only read one book and I think it takes more than one book by that author to see if their writing is for you. I have an excerpt for the book that I got in an email. I'll send it to you and you can see if your interested.

Christine said...

I really loved Witch Fire but just thought Witch Blood was okay. I think I'll still read Witch Heart, though, because I think Adam is a really fun character. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

Jill D. said...

Christine, I felt the same way about Witch Fire and Witch Blood. Although, I was very intrigued with the last part of Witch Blood, when they went through the portal. I hope there is more of that world in the next book. I have a feeling it will be pretty good because I like Adam. It's all about the characters. You have got to like them to enjoy the book.