Sunday, October 12, 2008
Today, so many romance books are part of a series. I don't know about you, but I am currently following several series and most of the books I read are part of a series. To help me keep track of them I have decided to do a weekly post featuring one of the series I am following. This first week I am featuring Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Underworld series. If you follow my blog I am sure you will recognize this series. I am currently playing catch-up having read up to the novel Broken.
This series is categorized as paranormal suspense. The books so far have been written in first person from the heroine's point of view. In this series there are many different supernatural beings the most prominent being werewolves, witches, vampires, necromancers and demons. Not all the books have been narrated by the same person. Here is a list of the books in publication order and the narrator. According to the author you do not have to read the books in order, however if you skip books you might be mildly confused or feel like you missed something. For the most part there shouldn't be total confusion and each book ends with a definite conclusion.
1. Bitten (narrator: Elena - werewolf)
2. Stolen (narrator: Elena)
3. Dime Store Magic (narrator: Paige - witch)
4. Industrial Magic (narrator: Paige)
5. Haunted (narrator: Eve - witch)
6. Chaotic (novella in "Dates from Hell", narrator: Hope - half demon)
7. Broken (narrator: Elena)
8. No Humans Involved (narrator: Jaime - necromancer)
9. Twilight (story in "Many Bloody Returns", narrator: Cassandra - vampire)
10. Stalked (story in "My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon", narrator: Clay - werewolf)
11. Personal Demon (narrators: Hope & Lucas)
12. Living with the Dead
13. Men of the Otherworld
15. Tales of the Otherworld
16. Waking the Witch (releases August 2010) Savannah's story
Ms. Armstrong has a nice website with lots of information about her series including FAQ about this series and upcoming releases.