Sunday, November 2, 2008

Series Sunday - The Black Dagger Brotherhood




For those of you who have been living under a rock for the last few years and haven't heard of this series I will briefly introduce you to it. The Black Dagger Brotherhood is a race of vampire warriors. They live in the United States in upstate New York. The vampire race lives among humans without their knowledge and are on the verge of extinction. These warriors are Bad Ass and are off the charts ALPHA! They are fighting a war against a group of baddies, known as lessors.

I have to admit I really like this series and can't seem to get enough. I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan girl. I am not a member of J.R. Ward's message boards, nor to I subscribe to the Black Dagger Brotherhood Yahoo Group, but I do find this series addicting. Ward has created characters so vivid and memorable that they stay with you long after the written word has past. Here are the books in publishing order:

1. Dark Lover (Wrath)
2. Lover Eternal (Rhage)
3. Lover Awakened (Zsadist)
4. Lover Revealed (Butch)
5. Lover Unbound (Vishous)
6. Lover Enshrined (Phury)
7. The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide Featuring a novella, Father Mine with Zsadist and Bella
8. Lover Avenged (Rehvenge)
9. Lover Mine (John Matthew)

I am currently reading The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide. Whoa buddy! It sure is interesting reading. I will be posting my thoughts on it as soon as I finish it.


6 comments:

Marg said...

I got as far as Butch's book, and then haven't read any more. I've been meaning to, but just haven't!

I did join her boards but haven't visited for months.

Carolyn Crane said...

I actually couldn't read ENshrined. I found it sort of disturbing and I couldn't sleep after starting it. Because of all this with the Omega. Isn't that weird? I totally wanted to read it, too. I like Phury.

nath said...

I gave up on this series... I just liked John Matthew and I'm not even sure with all that's happening...

Jill D. said...

Marg, I haven't joined the message boards... yet. I might, but with all the books I have to read and all the blogs I follow, when will I ever find the time?

Carolyn Jean, Are you going to try and go back to Lover Enshrined? I found it an emotionally hard book to read, but then again, I like that sort of thing.

Nath, I love John Matthew. He is one of my favorite characters. There is a lot going on in this series and it can be hard to keep track of.

Marg said...

That's why I haven't visited there for so long. I had to cut back on the number of boards that I was spending time on.

ela_tnd said...

Gawd i love em all, just cant get enough of them too.. my fave is zsadist but they're all amazing