Sunday, July 5, 2009

Series Sunday - Fast Track by Erin McCarthy




The Fast Track Series by Erin McCarthy revolves around NASCAR and their sexy drivers. I'll admit when I first heard about this series, I was turned off by the fact it revolved around NASCAR. To me it is a redneck sport and I don't find anything remotely sexy about it. I usually picture guys with that hold two cans of beer with straws that run down the side of their faces and into their mouths. It's not a pretty sight, that's for sure.

Then when the first book Flat-Out Sexy started getting positive reviews in the blogosphere, my interest was piqued. Could I set aside my preconceived notions about NASCAR? Yes, I am excited to say that I can!

This series is straight contemporary romance and is very sexy, bordering on being erotic romance. McCarthy is known for her great characters and fabulous dialogue which come alive through her use of humor. Each book has a different male and female protagonist with it's own romantic conclusion. These books do not need to be read in order. There isn't a connecting plot, other than the characters reappearing in other the books in the series.

Erin announced last month in a post on her Facebook page that she has extended her contract for three more books! She stated that now Elec's brother and sister can get their own books too. Congratulations Erin!

Series Reading Order:

1. Flat-Out Sexy (Tamara and Elec)
2. Hard and Fast (Imogen and Ty)
3. Suzanne and Ryder's book (releases 2010)
4. TBA
5. TBA
6. TBA

7 comments:

KT Grant said...

This is great! I love Erin's Nascar's series and can't wait to see what she has planned for Suzanne and Ryder.

SarahT said...

Excellent news!

I was hoping Evan Monroe would get his own book. There's also a rookie driver who was mentioned peripherally at some point but I can't remember his name. I was wondering if he was future hero material. (Not the guy who married Nikki Borden - although it might be interesting to see his view on marriage once his match with pit bunny Nikki ends in disaster!)

I guess it's too much to hope Suzanne & Ryder's book will be released in January 2010 (i.e.: as soon as possible!).

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed this series, and, if I forget how harsh and bitter Suzanne was in the second book, I will be looking forward to reading book 3.

SusiSunshine said...

I read the first book of this series in January and loved it. But then it get lost on my wish list in the time until the release.
Thanks for reminding me. I think I will head over to Amazon.
Great review!!!

nath said...

Ohhh, so it's confirmed? Suzanne and Ryder's book is next? Good, I'm looking forward to it :D

Kris said...

i just finished the second one, it was fun. Cannot wait for the next one.

Tracy said...

I can't wait for the next book. Although I didn't like book 2 as much as book 1 I still liked it and I really enjoy McCarthy's books. :)