Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter Series

 


I just finished up the book Gone Too Far by Suzanne Brockmann, which is book six of her Troubleshooter series. This series has been awesome so far. It is absolutely incredible. Brockmann has created the most unnervingly, realistic characters I have ever encountered in a romance series. As a matter of fact, it is hard to imagine her characters as just that; they seem more like real people than fictional ones. She has delivered time and again for me. All her books have received no less than a B rating from me. The weakest book was Into the Night and even at her weakest she is still a strong storyteller. These books definitely need to be read in order because some of the storylines continue from story to story. Each book has a soap opera feel to it with the interwoven story threads but all the storylines are most entertaining and interesting. I highly recommend this series whole-heartedly. You won’t be disappointed. Here is the reading order:

Book 1: The Unsung Hero
Book 2: The Defiant Hero
Book 3: Over the Edge
Book 4: Out of Control
Book 5: Into the Night
Book 6: Gone Too Far
Book 7: Flashpoint
Book 8: Hot Target
Book 9: Breaking Point
Book 10: Into the Storm
Book 11: Force of Nature
Book 12: All through the Night
Book 13: Into the Fire
Book 14: Dark of Night
Book 15: Hot Pursuit
Book 16: Last one of the series for a while. Finish Izzy and Gillman's story arcs

She also has The Reader’s Guide to the Troubleshooter Series, which details each book and the characters in the book along with a map of each story arc. You can check it out here.

15 comments:

nath said...

LOL, Jill... proof that ppl have different taste... I can't read Suzanne Brockmann... I just can't and I've tried :P But so many seem to enjoy them :) The only one I enjoyed was The Unsung Hero... and not even for Tom and Kelly, but for Tom's niece LOL :)

Jill D. said...

Nath, Oh my gosh! What do you mean you can't read Suzanne Brockman? Seriously!? Oh no, what is it you don't like?

Is it her story voice? Well, I can say if the author's voice just doesn't appeal to you, then it just doesn't appeal. What can you do, but stop reading their books. Oh, what a shame, because her stories are so riviting (at least for me).

Seriously, bummer dude!

nath said...

Ugh, I think it's a bit of everything... The voice, but mostly - she always have too many storylines going on. Like The Unsung Hero... although it wasn't as thick as her books nowadays, it still had 3 storylines - Tom and Kelly, Tom's niece and her bf, Tom's uncle and Kelly's dad past. Then, there's the baiting that I absolutely can't stand. I tried again with Into the Storm and I found it boring... ^_^; but I know I'm really one of the few who can't read her... everyone else seems to enjoy her soo much.

Jace said...

The only Brockmann book that I've read was an older one, Frisco's Kid. It was a 4-star read for me. I don't know why I haven't read another since? Perhaps I'll try with the 1st book of this series and see how it goes, eh?

Christine said...

I have a friend who LOVES Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter Series. She lent me the first few books, but I haven't gotten to them yet. JR Ward is a *huge* Suzanne Brockmann fan... she idolizes her actually. Is Brockmann's storytelling voice and style similar to Ward's?

Jill D. said...

Nath, Well if you don't like all the different story lines then I don't think you would like any of her books, because so far they all have multiple story lines. This is actually one of the reasons why I like her books so much. Too bad :(

Jace, If you do plan on reading her, definitely read the books in order and start with The Unsung Hero. I would be curious to know what you thought. I love them and can't say enough about them.

Christine, I didn't know that about Ward. As far as if Ward's writing style is similar, hmmm, I am not sure. I think you could say they are similar, it's just that the story line is so completely different it's hard to compare them.

Mollie said...

This is one of my favorite series. I've gotten the pleasure of meeting Suz the last two years (she always comes to Columbus) and she's such a nice person.

I loved Into the Storm and I can't WAIT for Izzy's story!

Jill D. said...

Mollie, You lucky dog you! I would love to meet her in person, but I am sure I would come off as a total dork! I have a ways to go before I get to read Into the Storm -- one of these days.

Shannon said...

Oh, I absolutely adore Brockmann. I just went to the library today and picked up Forces of Nature. SB's voice is wonderful. I am always amazed how she manages to juggle so many story lines. Sam and Allysa were/are one of my favorites. I follwed them through all of the books. It is great how she puts in little tid bits about them in nearly every book since they had their story.

Jill D. said...

Shannon, Wow, you are on Forces of Nature, man I have got to catch up! Oh goodie, so we get glimpses of Sam and Alyssa as the series continues! Yay, I love me some Sam!!

Maija said...

I just read my first two novels by her (Forbidden & Freedom's Price). I liked both. At first I was afraid there was going to be too much suspense in Forbidden, but luckily there wasn't (I don't read that much romantic suspense). If this series is something like that book, I might give it a try...

Jill D. said...

Hi Maija - I haven't read those books so I am not sure about how the suspense in this series would compare to those books. I can tell you that in the first book The Unsung Hero, Joe is in the Navy on a leave of absense and he thinks there are terrorists in New England. He gathers up some of his Navy buddies and tries to stop the threat. It isn't a huge part of the story, but one aspect of many different storythreads.

The romance between Joe and Kelly started when they were just kids, but they both went their separate ways. It's just a very well written story. It pulled me in and I couldn't put it down. I think you should give it a try. That's just my two cents :)

Maija said...

I liked her style, so maybe at some point I'll try this series :)

Anonymous said...

where can I get her 8th book? somebody know?

Anonymous said...

I just finished Gone too Far and absolutely loved it. I have enjoyed the story line of Sam Starett and Alyssa Locke. I finish one book to begin the next, keep them coming.