Sunday, October 19, 2008

Series Sunday - McCloud Brothers, Shannon McKenna




This week, the series I am featuring isn't actually an "official" series. Instead it is probably more appropriately described as a series of related books. These books, which I am going to dub the "McCloud" books, revolve around a family of four brothers and their friends. I feel that each book is able to completely stand on its own. The characters appear in multiple books, but a reader would not be lost to read any book in any order.

McKenna's romantic suspense writing is not for the faint of heart. She does not shy away from crude language or graphic violence. Her heroes are very alpha and can be best described as cavemen. Her heroines are usually the girl-next-door type but somehow they manage to reel in their man hook, line and sinker. For those readers who like their romance a little darker, on the edgy side, I would recommend McKenna. My personal favorites happen to be the first book Behind Closed Doors, followed closely by Standing in the Shadows.

1. Behind Closed Doors - Seth Mackey
2. Standing in the Shadows - Connor McCloud
3. Out of Control - Davy McCloud
4. Edge of Midnight - Sean McCloud
5. Extreme Danger - Nick Ward
6. Ultimate Weapon - Tamara
7. Fade to Midnight - Kev McCloud


7 comments:

KT Grant said...

I have been waiting for Tamara's book! Can't wait!

Jill D. said...

Katie, I am really curious about this book because up till Tamara's book all her heroines have been rather "normal". Tamara is definitely different and I wonder if this will work for me. Let's just say I will be reading it, but I am skeptical.

KT Grant said...

The past few McKenna books have been major duds for me. Hopefully Tamara's will be a good one. For a change I hope she is the alpha in the relationship.

Lori said...

I think McKenna is one of those guilty pleasures. Everyone agrees that her heroes are way over the top, and her heroines are TSTL, but she's like crack. I have to keep reading, and I love each book nonetheless.

Leslie said...

I hope Tam keeps her kick ass attitude and doesn't turn into a TSTL heroine. She has a kid now so I wonder how that has changed her. Looking forward to reading this one.

Jill D. said...

Katie and Leslie, That is sort of what I am worried about. I mean Tamara is such a strong woman. What kind of man will she be paired up with? And will this man turn her into a bumbling idiot? I really hope not.

Lori, That is exactly how I describe McKenna - a guilty pleasure. It's almost as if I know I shouldn't like it, but I just can't help myself.

KT Grant said...

I just hope McKenna doesn't make Tamara into a push over like her last few heroines!