Sunday, December 7, 2008

Series Sunday - Immortals After Dark



The Immortals After Dark series is currently one of my favorite paranormal series out there. It encompasses a wide variety of interesting creatures from werewolves and vampires to trolls, goblins, valkyrie and demons. These creatures all live among humans without their knowledge. An Accession that happens every five hundred years is coming. It is a huge war were certain factions will become enemies and others will become allies.

Ms. Cole has created a very entertaining series that serves up plenty of humor with a side order of angst. Her heroines are more than a match for her heroes and there hasn't been a book I haven't liked so far. According to Ms. Cole, the books do not have to be read in order. They are all stand-alone books. For those of you who are sticklers (and you know who you are), here is the series reading order:

1. The Warlord Wants Forever (Story in anthology Playing Easy to Get) (Nikolai and Myst)
2. A Hunger Like no Other (Lachlain and Emmaline)
3. No Rest for the Wicked (Sebastian and Kaderine)
4. Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Bowen and Mari)
5. Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Conrad and Neomi)
6. Dark Desires After Dusk (Cade and Holly)
7. Kiss of a Demon King (Rydstrom and Sabine) releases Feb 2009
8. Anthology Not That Innocent (Murdoch and Daniela) releases May 2009

11 comments:

Rowena said...

I've only read one book in this series and I thought it was pretty good, I haven't picked up another book since because I have stopped wanting to read every paranormal that I want to get my hands on, maybe I should rethink this series. Great post sweetie.

Jill D. said...

Rowena, This series is really great. I know some people have gotten tired of paranormals, but Kresley Cole has done a great job with these books. They are funny and yet they tug at your heart-strings too. I personnally can't recommend them enough :)

Stacy~ said...

I keep hearing such great things about her paranormals. One of these days I'll get around to 'em.

nath said...

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming books... I really like Rydstrom, so I want to read his story. I'm not certain however on his heroine and how the storyline will turn out.

Oh, and I want to read about Murdoch and Daniela!! Finally, their story!

Kati said...

I find Cole to be compulsively readable. And Cade from DDAD was my favorite of her heroes so far (with apologies to Bowen, who I know alot of readers love).

But DAMN! Does she have to have the stupidest titles in Romance Land? Ugh, I hate them, and it's impossible to keep them straight. I know she's probably not the one titling them, but I seriously HATE the titles.

But this latest cover is smokin' HAWT and the title is less objectionable.

Tracy said...

I just love this series and I'm sooo looking forward to the next installment!

Carolyn Crane said...

I love this series! And I think this KISS cover is one of the best covers out there today. I can't wait. I have read all these except Dark Desires...and that's in my giant TBR. I should get on it before February!!!

Jill D. said...

Stacy, these are great! Move them up in your pile :)

Nath, I seem to be drawing a blank on Murdoch and Daniela. When were we introduced to them?

Kati, I am in complete agreement! My favorite to date is Dark Desires After Dusk. I just loved Cade and Holly. Personally, I think Cole just keeps getting better and better. And yes, this cover is HAWT!

Tracy, me too, me too! Feb is not to far away.

Carolyn Jean, Get on that. Dark Desires is great. The sexual tension between Cade and Holly is top notch. Cole has hit her stride and this series is cookin'

nath said...

Murdoc is the last of the 4 vampires brothers... Can't remember all their last name. You have Nikolai, Sebastian and Conrad... Murdoch is the one who keeps disappearing because of his bride :D So we were never introduced to Daniela so to speak.

Leslie said...

One of my favorites too! And even with all the various creatures I'm able to keep the who's who and what's what straight. lol

There's an excerpt of Kiss of a Demon King on Cole's forum. You have to be a member but it's easy to become one.

Jill D. said...

Nath, Thanks for the info, for the life of me I just couldn't place his name.

Leslie, I am on edge waiting for Kiss of a Demon King. I will have to check out the excerpt. Thanks for the heads up.