Thursday, December 23, 2010

A December update: My Crazy Life!



December is a crazy time of year for most people. With the Christmas holiday celebrations and then New Year celebrations things can be quite hectic. I am experiencing the same. Today I was finally able to finish up my Christmas shopping, only one more day until Christmas. Now I have to worry about wrapping everything. Nothing like the last minute!

In keeping with the theme of "not enough time" I am behind in my reading. I haven't read this month's book choice for my new reading group, nor have I read the arc I received for Prelude to a Scandal by Delilah Marvelle. Delilah is a good friend of mine and I promised I would read her book, soon to be released in January and it is the first book in a new edgy, historical series. I am so excited for her and want to wish her the best well wishes for a successful launch of this new series. She even was featured in January's edition of the RT Book Review's Magazine.


Don't get me wrong, I love this time of year. But do any of you ever experience the pressure and expectation that comes with the holidays? Do you ever feel like you are three steps behind instead of just enjoying it from day to day?

This post is all over the place. Let's just chalk it up to my frazzled current state of mind because of this time of year. One other thing I would like to mention is that the RT Book Reviews Magazine is also hosting a Reader Survey. This survey is a great way to help the industry understand what romance reader's habits are along with their wants and needs. Please help to make sure the industry has a grip on what romance readers are looking for in the future. You can participate in the survey by clicking this link. The survey closes at the end of this month, so don't delay!

Happy Holidays to everyone from Romance Rookie!!!

2 comments:

Penny Watson said...

I hear you about the frazzled thing! I am so very tired after finishing my manic shopping for the last three days. I treated myself to reading Mary Balogh's A Christmas Promise last night.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Penny

Jill D. said...

Hey Penelope! Well, I made it through the big day. Now, hopefully things will slow down a little and let me squeeze some reading time in!