Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Review - Infamous



Title: Infamous
Author: Suzanne Brockmann
Publishing Date: August 2010
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Rating: A
Sensuality: Hot
Book Disclosure: I purchased a new book and even had it signed by Ms. Suz herself!

Infamous is a stand alone book. Yay, for those of you who want to try Ms. Brockmann and don't know where to start. I'd definitely recommend starting here.

Alison Carter is a history buff and professor back in Boston. She writes a book centering around a famous gunslinger and sheriff. A famous producer reads her book and makes a movie according to the legend. He hires Allison to be his historical advisor for the movie. While on the set, Allison mistakes A.J. for an extra. While she is reprimanding him for wearing briefs (which were not worn in the Wild West) A.J. has an ulterior motive for wanting to meet Allison. See, his grandfather was the infamous gunslinger the movie represents as a murderer. But A.J is being haunted - I use the term loosely because the grandfather has no malice - but wants A.J to set his story straight. So A.J. travels to the movie set to meet with Allison to share the real story.

I am just going to tell you right now, I absolutely loved everything about this story and I feel like gushing about it. Seriously, Suz absolutely rocks!! I just wish she would write faster, LOL! Fans of Suzanne Brockman will still see her signature style - deep, well developed characters, fantastic dialogue and a fly by the seat of your pants plot. What more could a reader ask for? Lots of passion, well not to worry, Suz delivers there too!

There is a lot going on in this book. You have the present day romance between A.J., a carpenter from Alaska, whose tall and buff and is great with his hands *wiggles eyebrows*. You have Allison who is a no nonsense gal with a winning smile and down-to-earth outlook on life. These two are completely explosive when it comes to chemistry. Hang on dear reader, things aren't so simple. Both come with heavy baggage that must be dealt with before the happy ever after can be achieved. Not to worry, Suz mixes in plenty of light hearted moments to even out those ball-busting ones.

Too make things unique and change things up a bit, a ghost is thrown into the mix. This ghost is not hokie in anyway. It is actually very interesting how Suz tied actual historical accounts from the ghost and his past love through her diary. Then to make things even more on the edge there is a suspense plot that puts Allison's life in danger. Trust me, there is a lot going on, but is all brilliantly concocted. I highly recommend this book to all different kinds of readers - fans of contemporary, romantic suspense, Suzanne Brockmann and westerns won't want to miss out on Infamous.


This book can be purchased in print or kindle format from Amazon

8 comments:

~ames~ said...

I am SO GLAD you liked this. I hate ghosts. But I'm willing to give it a try because it's Suz! Also jealous you got it signed by her. :P

Leslie said...

Thanks for mentioning the ghost - that was the one thing of concern for me. Can't wait to read this! Thanks for the great review. :)

Kristie (J) said...

I got this one the next day after you raved about it. I didn't get her to sign it; her line was too long. But I always said if she wrote a stand alone book again that wasn't about Navy Seals, I'd try her again. So with your glowing rec, I went for it :-)

Kris said...

i am so jealous you got to meet her!! I bought this one but have not started it yet. Glad you liked it so much, cannot wait to read it :)

Jill D. said...

Ames and Leslie - I am not crazy about ghosts either, which is why I wanted to make a point to talk about it in the review. If you like Brockmann you will like this book.

Kristie - I am glad that you are going to give this one a try. I just hope you like it as much as I did. I think you will because it has a little bit of a western vibe to it and I know how you like your westerns :)

Kris - She was so nice and I was a complete spaz when I met her! It seemed like she really enjoys meeting fans and talking with them. I hope you enjoy the book!

Hilcia said...

Well this one is going on my wish list, Jill. Thanks for the review. :)

Mollie said...

So excited for this one! I just reserved it from the library. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Jill D. said...

Hilcia and Mollie - I hope you ladies enjoy it as much as I did. You are in for a treat if you like Brockmann! She definitely delivers :)