Thursday, November 20, 2008

Review - Seduce me at Sunrise



Title: Seduce me at Sunrise
Author: Lisa Kleypas
Publishing Date: October 2008
Genre: Historical
Rating: A-
Sensuality: Hot

Seduce me at Sunrise is the second book in the Hathaway series. Win and Merripen, aka Kev, have been the closest of friends from the first moment they met. Kev, a gypsy boy left for dead, was taken in by the Hathaway family twelve years ago. From the first moment he laid eyes on Win he never wanted to leave her side. Four years after Kev came to stay with the Hathaway’s, Win caught scarlet fever and nearly died. Since then she has been living life as an invalid. She is unable to climb stairs or be outside for long before she starts struggling to breathe. After deciding that she isn’t living the life she has dreamed of living, she goes away to an unconventional clinic in France to get better. After two years of treatment she comes back to her family as hearty and healthy before she succumbed to the fever.

Let me just state for the record that I love, love, love childhood love stories. Ever since I read Mine till Midnight, I have been impatiently waiting for Kev and Win’s book. Kev is such a super, yummy hero. I absolutely delighted to read about him. He is as over protective as they come. He is untamed and wild, like a feral beast. I just loved it! He is tortured by the fact that he thinks he isn’t good enough for Win. He ends up hurting Win time and again as he battles his feeling for her. I wanted to slap him around a little for that. Oh, the angst! Oh, the drama! But wait for it – when he finally does give in to his feelings for Win, my God! He steamed up the pages. He is the most devoted, ideal (super, yummy) lover. Pfew!

Ms. Kleypas tugged at my heartstrings with this book. I went through the gambit of emotions, from laughter to anger, to sadness and hopefulness. Leo, Win’s brother was quite entertaining. The only weak spot I thought the book had was Win’s doctor Julian. I didn’t understand his motivation and it was never addressed in the book. Other than that, Seduce me at Sunrise is wonderful and one for the keeper shelf.

Here is what others had to say:

The Good, The Bad, The Unread
Romance Reader
Breezing Through
Racy Romance Reviews
All About Me
My Thoughts on Nothing Much at All
The Book Smugglers
Stacy's Place on Earth
Dev's Good Reads
Nobody Asked Me
Dear Author
Romance Novel TV
Leslie's Psyche
What Kate's Reading

6 comments:

KT Grant said...

Kev is very, very dedicated to Win's pleasure. ;)

nath said...

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Kristie (J) said...

Isn't this one fab? It was my favourite historical of the year until another surprising came and took over the number 1 spot. But SMAS is a Very Strong Second!!

Jill D. said...

Katie and Kristie, Didn't you guys do a joint review of this one? What is the link for it? I'll add it to the list.

Kate said...

This one may be my favorite historical of the year, too...at least I can't think of anything I liked better. I didn't entirely review it at mine but scribbled down some notes on it and Mr Cavendish, I Presume, which I read in the same weekend: http://whatkatesreading.blogspot.com/2008/11/two-in-one-blow-kleypas-seduce-me-at.html

Jill D. said...

Thanks for the link Kate! I'll be sure to update my post :)