Tuesday, November 4, 2008

October Book Summary



October was a very nice month with a total of 15 books read. I definitely think I will reach my reading goals for the year. There were a couple of duds this month, but for the most part I read a lot of good books. I think the biggest surprise for me was Annie's Song. I just love discovering new (at least to me) authors and I love knowing that there will never be a shortage of authors to glom.


1. The Darcys and the Bingleys, Altman (Historical) Rating: B-
2. Alpha and Omega, Briggs (Urban Fantasy) Rating: B- (Story in anthology, On the Prowl)
3. Tempted, Hart (Contemporary/Erotic) Rating: B+
4. Cry Wolf, Briggs (Urban Fantasy) Rating: B
5. The Price of Desire, Goodman (Historical) Rating: B+
6. Smart and Sexy, Shalvis (Contemporary) Rating: D
7. No Humans Involved, Armstrong (Paranormal) Rating: B+
8. Annie's Song, Andersen (Historical) Rating: A
9. Laughter of Dead Kings, Peters (Mystery) Rating: B-
10. Dangerous Secrets, Rice (Romantic Suspense) Rating: C+
11. The Rest Falls Away, Gleason (Paranormal/Historical) Rating: B-
12. What Happens in Vegas, Copeland, Bast, Dane, Tunstall (Contemporary/Erotic) Rating: B
13. Romeo Romeo, Kaye (Contemporary) Rating: B+
14. The Lost Duke of Wyndham, Quinn (Historical) Rating: B
15. Pleasure Unbound, Ione (Paranormal) Rating: B-

6 comments:

nath said...

Yay! I was waiting to see your list :)

I'm sure you're definitively going to meet your goal this year :) You had a pretty good reading month :) and again, I'm amazed at how you keep up with all your review :) Can't wait to see what you thought of Romeo Romeo and The Lost Duke of Wyndham.

Jill D. said...

Hey Nath! I think I only have 6 books to go and I will have read 144 books. I have to say, I am amazed too that I have been able to keep up with the whole reviewing thing. Sometimes I worry that I am sound repetitive with my book reviews. I do think that I have become more critical about the stories I read than I was before I started reviewing books.

nath said...

Yes, I was looking at your numbers :) We've both been doing really amazingly well :)

I'm afraid of that too, that all my reviews sound the same... but then, that's because we know what we like :) and can't help it if the books have similar stories... with all the BIG misunderstanding and so on :P

Jill D. said...

Not to mention after reviewing 100+ books, some things will be redundant.

Jenny Girl said...

Wow! Congrats on the total. I am impressed. I continue to enjoy your blog :)

Jill D. said...

Hey Jenny Girl, Thanks for the kind words!