Friday, September 3, 2010

August Wrap Up



Life is treating me good. Reading is treating me good. This is my theme for the month of August. I am on a historcal romance kick. I am feeling the historcal. It seems I can't pick up a bad one. Unfortunately, paranormal romance is on the outs. I am enjoying urban fantasy much more (who would of thought).

On a personal note, I am in the process of fixing the house up to put it on the market to sell. This week alone we have repaired the walls in the den and spare bathroom, painted and installed new carpet. OMG!! It is so nice and cushy. I am loving my new house. I don't know if I want to sell it, it's so nice now, LOL! Just kidding, we have to sell because my daughter and son are sharing a room (we live in a two bedroom and have aspirations to move to a three bedroom.)

What I am trying to say is that once again real life seems to be intruding into my reading time. The catch 22 is that I am wanting to read the wonderful historcals in my TBR, yet can't find the time. It's all a balancing act a this point.

Here is what I managed to read in August, along with the ratings. Links to follow shortly.

1. Seduced into a Paper Marriage, Maureen Child, Contemporary, B
2. The Irish Warrior, Kris Kennedy, Medieval, B+
3. Succubi Like it Hot, Jill Myles, Paranormal, B-
4. His at Night, Sherry Thomas, Historical, A-
5. Crazy for Love, Victoria Dahl, Contemporary, B
6. Nine Rules to Break..., Sarah MacLean, Historical, B+
7. Anywhere She Runs, Debra Webb, Romantic Suspense, C
8. A Kiss at Midnight, Eloisa James, Historical, A
9. The Next Best Thing, Kristan Higgins, Contemporary, B+
10. Eternal Kiss of Darkness, Jeanienne Frost, Paranormal, B-

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That's a good list considering everything that's going on in RL.

Getting a house ready to sell is such a pain and it looks so good when you're done, you wonder why you didn't do those things before. LOL

Jill D. said...

Leslie - It's so funny you should say that, because now that our house is so nice and the way I have wanted it for a while, I now am not wanting to move but enjoy it for a while. We have to move though because my son and daughter are sharing a room. We have out grown the house.

nath said...

Very nice list, Jill :D LOL, I was going to say: what, you didn't review any?!?! and it turns out that you're almost done for the month. Do you know how jealous that makes me? LOL.

I hear you on enjoying urban fantasy and being burned out on paranormal.

LOL, good decision on the house. Better hurry, because very soon, your daughter and son won't be able to stand each other LOL.