Friday, September 3, 2010
August Wrap Up
Life is treating me good. Reading is treating me good. This is my theme for the month of August. I am on a historcal romance kick. I am feeling the historcal. It seems I can't pick up a bad one. Unfortunately, paranormal romance is on the outs. I am enjoying urban fantasy much more (who would of thought).
On a personal note, I am in the process of fixing the house up to put it on the market to sell. This week alone we have repaired the walls in the den and spare bathroom, painted and installed new carpet. OMG!! It is so nice and cushy. I am loving my new house. I don't know if I want to sell it, it's so nice now, LOL! Just kidding, we have to sell because my daughter and son are sharing a room (we live in a two bedroom and have aspirations to move to a three bedroom.)
What I am trying to say is that once again real life seems to be intruding into my reading time. The catch 22 is that I am wanting to read the wonderful historcals in my TBR, yet can't find the time. It's all a balancing act a this point.
Here is what I managed to read in August, along with the ratings. Links to follow shortly.
1. Seduced into a Paper Marriage, Maureen Child, Contemporary, B
2. The Irish Warrior, Kris Kennedy, Medieval, B+
3. Succubi Like it Hot, Jill Myles, Paranormal, B-
4. His at Night, Sherry Thomas, Historical, A-
5. Crazy for Love, Victoria Dahl, Contemporary, B
6. Nine Rules to Break..., Sarah MacLean, Historical, B+
7. Anywhere She Runs, Debra Webb, Romantic Suspense, C
8. A Kiss at Midnight, Eloisa James, Historical, A
9. The Next Best Thing, Kristan Higgins, Contemporary, B+
10. Eternal Kiss of Darkness, Jeanienne Frost, Paranormal, B-