Monday, January 24, 2011

Books on my Radar for February



Since it is a new year, I am going to shake things up a bit and do things a little differently. Instead of just listing the newly released books I am looking forward to for the month, I will categorize them into degrees of want: Books I must have, books I need to catch up in the series and books I will wait to get until I hear positive buzz about.

Here is a look at the books that have caputured my interest.

Must Haves

Book 2 - Fairy Tale Series
Historical
1/25/2011



Book 4 - Offspring Series
Paranormal
1/25/2011



Book 8 - Lakeshore Chronicles
Contemporary
2/1/2011



Book 10 - Immortals After Dark Series
Paranormal
2/15/2011


Series Catch Up


Book 12 - Virgin River Series
Contemporary
1/25/2011



Book 4 - Envy Chronicles
Paranormal
1/25/2011



Book 3 - Lucy Valentine Series
Paranormal
2/1/2011


Positive Buzz Waiting List


Book 2 - Maiden Lane Series
Historical
1/25/2011



Historical
2/1/2011
(I have to admit the cover on this one sparked my interest)



What are you looking forward to?

10 comments:

Dr J said...

Have just finished "Wild Man Creek" and really liked it immensely. The characters were unusual and there were lots of up and down emotions in it--not at all "more-of-the-same" kind of stuff some people think the Virgin River books are full of. Also am reading "Night Betrayed" and am finding it a bit "out there" but then, I am not as into the futuristic stuff as some. Thanks for sharing . . . Enjoy your blog lots!

Nicole said...

I'm totally looking forward to:
Wild Man Creek
River Marked (Mercedes Thompson #6)
This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress #5)
Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood #9)

and I just finished my most anticipated 2011 release, Shadowfever (Fever #5)-- which was freakin' fantastic!!!!

Lover Of Romance said...

I am also looking forward to these ones as well!!! There are so many good books coming out in the next few months, I am so excited!!! Happy Reading!

Maija said...

I'm looking forward to reading "Everyone Loves a Hero...and that's the problem" by Marie Force. What a title :)

Jill D. said...

Dr. J - ooooh glad to hear good things about the latest in the Virgin River series. I am hopelessly behind. I can't keep up with Carr, she writes so fast!

Nicole - I just finished Shadowfever too!! Absolutely amazing!! I have River Marked and this side of the grave on my radar too, but because they release so late this month I count them as Feb releases. I know, totally weird :)

I didn't know JR Ward had another one out. I am on the fence about BDB.

Lover of Romance - I am right there with you. As I was composing my list I was cringing because I had told myself that I was cutting back. But it is impossible to do!! Happy reading to you, as well!

Maija - I have never read Maria Force. Do you like her? What is her writing style like? I have seen her sports books around the blog and always wondered about them.

Leslie said...

Yeah! - I'm not the only one behind on Carr's series. :)

I'm definitely getting the Hoyt and want to try the Day, love that cover!

Jaci Burton's The Perfect Play comes out on the 1st. It'll be hard to open the book, I'll want to keep staring at that cover. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to reading the second book in Elizabeth Hoyt's Maiden Lane series.

The Sylvia Day book looks really good, too.

Nicole said...

Oops looks like I jumped the gun a bit! The new JR Ward book isn't released until the end of March. I really loved the first few books in the BDB series and I've liked the last 2 installments-- but some of the books in the middle (Butch & Phury's stories in particular)-- Meh.

Maija said...

Jill,
I haven't tried her before. So this will be my first Force :) I hope I'll like it!

nath said...

I second Dr J, Wild Man Creek was a great book :)

Marrying Daisy Bellamy is on your Must Have list? I didn't realize you read the series ^_^;

I'm really looking forward to Absolutely, Positively!! :)