Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Review - Match Me if You Can



Title: Match Me if You Can
Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Publication Date: 2009
Genre: Contemporary
Rating: A-
Sensuality: Hot
Book Disclosure: I borrowed the audio version from my library.

Match Me if You Can is the sixth book in Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Chicago Stars series. Annabelle Granger is desperate to land Heath Champion as a client for her new match making company, Perfect for You. With such a prestigious client, her new company will be sure to succeed and in doing so will get her family off her back. She is basically the black sheep in the family. Heath Champion is a very well known sports agent who is as ruthless as he is handsome. He is looking for a wife and has unrealistic expectations of the type of woman he is ready to settle down with. Annabelle has her work cut out for her if she is to be successful in finding him his perfect match.

I had a lot of fun listening to Match Me if You Can. First of all the narrator Anna Fields does an excellent job of getting the humor just right. She is able to use really good inflection when delivering those zingers. There is a lot of really great dialogue between Annabelle and Heath. These two go back and forth throughout the book and readers who love a lot of banter between the hero and heroine are going to really enjoy this book.

I loved Annabelle. She is my kind of heroine. She is funny, smart and completely driven and focused. She was a little insecure but it was only a small part of her character. Heath too was an excellent match for her. He is just as driven, funny and smart. He too has his own little insecurities to get over. I thought this was a great read with many memorable scenes. The dialogue is fantastic and is chock full of rich characters. I even found the secondary love story between Portia and Bodey a treat. Two thumbs up. I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you liked it. Is one of my favorites audiobooks, if you get a chance to listen to "Natural Born Charmer" is another great combo from SEP and Anna Fields, and unfortunately her last book from SEP, she passed away on 2006.

Lupdilup.

Leslie said...

Annabelle is such a fun character! Loved her and Heath together.

Agree w/Loupe - Natural Born Charmer is wonderful. One of my favorites. Fields does a fantastic job as narrator. Also, Breathing Room is another favorite and another great job at narration by Fields. She is very much missed.

Jill D. said...

Hi Loupe and Leslie - OMG! That is so sad. I had no idea about Anna Fields. I am totally bummed out now that I have just discovered her. Natural Born Charmer is on my list and hopefully my library has it.