Thursday, July 1, 2010

Review - Silver Borne



Title: Silver Borne
Author: Patricia Briggs
Publishing Date: April 2010
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Rating: A
Sensuality: Warm
Book Disclosure: I borrowed a copy from my library.

Silver Borne is the fifth book in the Mercy Thompson series. Mercy is a coyote shifter, but she is a little fish in a big pond. She constantly finds herself surrounded by creatures stronger, faster and much more powerful than herself. Trouble constantly comes knocking on her door and this time it's because of a book she borrowed from a Fae. The Fae Mercy borrowed the book from is either missing or dead. Yet, some other faction wants the book bad enough to try and kill Mercy too.

Silver Borne is another excellent addition to this series and I think the most romantic book of the bunch. Mercy is learning more about her mated bond to Adam the pack's Alpha. Mercy loves her independence and the bond between her and the pack scares her. She must come to terms with this bond or it will weaken Adam in the eyes of the pack. This brings to the front all of those pesky pack dynamics, which I just love reading about. Briggs does such a good job of describing wolf behaviors and why they act the way they do. It’s such fascinating stuff!

The world building is very descriptive and imaginative especially when it comes to the Fae. This book was a balance between the werewolves and the Fae. We also get to see a much more romantic side to Adam. He is openly courting Mercy as she comes to terms with their mate bond. Also he accepts Mercy just as she is and wouldn't change a thing about her, even though she sometimes scares the hell out of him with all the trouble she manages to get herself into.

Another shocking aspect to this book was the direction Briggs took with Samuel's character. It was very heartbreaking to read, but I am just so very glad how everything works out in the end. I only wish Briggs would write a book and make him the main character! I love this series. If you haven't started it yet, don't wait another minute. You must read this series!

Here is what others had to say:
The Book Smugglers
My Reading Addiction
Books, Books and More Books
Leslie's Psyche
Alpha Reader

This book can be purchased in print or kindle format from Amazon

5 comments:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I loved this book! Love Mercy and Adam, Love Samuel, the only thing missing was Stephan.

~ames~ said...

I can't believe I haven't read this one yet!

Leslie said...

Yes, a book about Samuel would be great! I feel like I know him but there's still so much we don't know. Definitely a wonderful series. :)

nath said...

I'm glad how it worked out, but I'm still not happy with the person Ms Briggs chose for Sam.

Loved the Pack business in this book :P

Jill D. said...

Patti - You must be team Stefan, then? I like Stefan, but he is not for Mercy :)

Ames - Oh yeah, this is the most romantic of the Mercy Thompson series, at least that's what I thought.

Leslie - I thought since Charles got his own series it would only be fair that Sam get one too!

Nath - Yeah, I know what you mean. I just wanted more, more more for Sam.