Tuesday, December 2, 2008

November Book Summary



I have good news and bad news regarding my reading goals this month. The bad news is I dropped the ball and came up one book short of my monthly goal of 12. The good news is I have already reached my yearly goal of 144 books. Although, I can't get too excited yet because I still havn't completed my Fall Reading Challenge and I only have 30 days left to do it. (More on that later.) So what about you? Have you met your reading expectations this year? Any challenges that fell by the wayside?

1. The Black Dagger Brotherhood, Ward (Paranormal) Rating: N/A
2. The Wallflower Christmas, Kleypas (Historical) Rating: C
3. Fallen, Delacroix (Futuristic) Rating: B+
4. Seduce me at Sunrise, Kleypas (Historical) Rating: A-
5. Twilight, Armstrong (Paranormal) Rating: B+ (story in anthology Many Bloody Returns)
6. Demon Bound, Brook (Paranormal) Rating: B+
7. Chance the Winds of Fortune, McBain (Historical) Rating: D
8. It Had to be You, Phillips (Contemporary) Rating: B
9. Pleasures of the Night, Day (Paranormal/Erotic) Rating: D
10. As You Desire, Brockway (Historical) Rating: A
11. Stalked, Armstrong (Paranormal) Rating: B (story in anthology My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon)

8 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

While not official or anything, I'd hoped to read 100 books this year. But I'm at 79 and I don't think there's enough time to make it to 100 for me.
And another challenge I set myself was to work on my TBR pile and buy fewer books.
*snort* The opposite has happened on that one!!

Brie said...

I didn't make any reading goals this year because I'm bad at keeping them. I did join three challenges, but only completed one of them. :-( I think I might set a few reading goals for myself for the new year, though.

And great for you reaching your goal!

Leslie said...

I still have 4 books left in the Fall Reading Challenge. I think I can make it but with the holidays it's going to be close. :)

nath said...

Yay Jill!! Congrats on reaching your yearly goal!!! and one month ahead! Wooohooo! I don't think it matters if yo haven't reached your monthly goal, since you've exceeded in what, 7 of the months :)

Hmmm, fall challenge ^_^; I'm not sure I'm going to make it either. sigh.

Jill D. said...

Kristie, 79 is pretty close though and my TBR pile is the biggest it's ever been and the last book I bought was Faefever in September. I promised myself no more new books until I tackle my TBR pile to one shelf :) So far I have been good. I am sure that will change after Christmas. Does it count if you get books as gifts?

Brie, Challenges can be a challenge. I am not sure I will finish my Fall Reading Challenge. It's going to be cutting it close. On the other hand I am already thinking of book challenges for next year.

Leslie, I hear you. I am sweating. I don't think I am going to make it. It really gets my goat too.

Nath, Yeah, I think you are right about the monthly goal, but I was hoping to be farther along in my Fall Reading Challenge than I am. Oh well.

nath said...

Hey Jill :D Books as gifts don't count :D and Twilight, is that Cassandra's short story?

Jill D. said...

Yep, Twilight is Cassandra's story. I will be doing a brief review of it and Stalked, Clay's story soon.

Chantal said...

very nice list :) I have read many of those.