Saturday, April 2, 2011

March Wrap Up



Hey Everyone, I know I have been scarce the last week. Work has been crazy. On top of that I will be attending the Romantic Times Book Lovers Convention which begins this Wednesday. Since I would be in Los Angeles for a week, I had to make sure all my work was caught up and so I have been working overtime.

I am super excited about RT!! I leave tomorrow and hubby is coming with me. We are going to sight see for a few days and then we will go our separate ways - me on to RT and him more sight-seeing. I have plans to write up all those reviews I haven't gotten to in the last few weeks on the plane tomorrow. I also have plans to blog and twitter during RT as to keep all of you updated on all the fun!

On to my book summary, I was able to read a decent number of books this month despite the fact I was so busy. Most of that was due to the audio books I listened to on my commute from Florida to Georgia.

1. A Breath of Snow and Ashes, Gabaldon (Time Travel) Rating: B
2. Dreams of a Dark Warrior, Cole (Paranormal) Rating: B-
3. Match Me if You Can, Phillips (Contemporary) Rating: A-
4. Undead and Uneasy, Davidson (Urban Fantasy) Rating: C
5. The Perfect Wife, Alexander, (Historical) Rating: D
6. White Tigress, Lee (Historical) Rating: B+
7. First Lady, Phillips (Contemporary) Rating: B
8. Iron Duke, Brook (Speampunk) Rating: B
9. Postmortem, Cornwell (Suspense) Rating: B
10. Embrace the Night Eternal, Ware (Futuristic) Rating: B
11. Fearless Fourteen, Evanovich (Mystery) Rating: B
12. Bloodlist, Elrod (Fantasy) Rating: B

How about you? Are you attending RT? How did your reading stack up?

4 comments:

Leslie said...

That's great that your hubby is going with. You guys get a little mini vacation in before RT.

Not going to RT this year so I'm looking forward to your tweets & blog posts. :)

You had a pretty good month but OMG - you commute from Florida to Georgia? I'm assuming you live near the state line otherwise, that could make for a very long commute. :)

I don't need to tell you to have fun - I'm sure you will! ~ Safe travels. :)

nath said...

Wooohooo, enjoy RT Jill :) It's awesome that you and your husband get to spend a few days together sight-seeing :)

Looking forward to your posts :)

And nice, 12 books :)

Lori said...

You're not going, Leslie? It's only a few hours drive for you. So bummed!

Jill, I'm going to RT for the weekend - Fri-Sun. I hope we'll get to hook up. I know we're planning a blogger/author get-together in the bar of the hotel on Saturday night (at 7, I think). Renee has all the details, cause she's way more put together than the rest of us.

Jill D. said...

Leslie - Actually it is a 4.5 hour drive from my house in FL to the city I am working in GA. The thing is I only have to do that for the month of March. My office is about 15 minutes from my house most of the time, but sometimes my work takes me to our other office in GA. March is one of those times.

Bummer that you aren't going to be at RT. We can't even talk you into Saturday?!

Nath - Yep, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see everybody and hang out with authors :) Plus free books, you know?! I'll be looking forward to your posts for RWA because I won't be going to that this year.

Lori - Yep, we will definitely see each other on Saturday. What time are you coming in on Friday?