Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Exciting June Releases!



This month I was purusing my RT Book Reviews magazine and was surprised at the lack of books I was looking forward to. Not much was snagging my interest. There are a few books that have caught my eye and one book that leaped out at me.

These are the books that have caught my eye:

I am very excited about this one!!!
Urban Fantasy
Book 5 - Kate Daniels Series
May 31, 2011



I need to catch up with this series
Paranormal
Book 6 - The Final Prophecy
June 7, 2011



Suprisingly, this only got a 3 star review in RT Mag.
Historical
Book 1 - Smyth-Smith Quartet
May 31, 2011



Can I just say "Yum" on that cover???
Historical
Not part of a series
June 14, 2011

Also, I know that Kiss of Snow, Nalini Singh's book is out this month too.  I stopped reading this series a while back after the third book.  Now, I must admit that I am tempted to read this after seeing that it got a 4 star gold rating in the RT Mag.  I want to know what readers are saying about it.

12 comments:

Zoe Archer said...

Don't forget NIGHTFALL by Ellen Connor (aka Ann Aguirre and Carrie Lofty)!

http://tinyurl.com/422ywzr

Jill D. said...

Hi Zoe! I haven't heard of Nightfall. It sounds interesting though, I will have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

nath said...

Ugh, the bookstore has Magic Slays, but it's strict release date :( I hope I can get Just LIke Heaven soon!!

Leslie said...

I haven't read Lindsey in years but that cover is gorgeous! Just wish her name wasn't so big. LOL

Waking Up With the Duke by Lorraine Heath comes out on June 28. Can't wait for Ainsley's book!

Maija said...

My copy of Magic Slays is already on its way to Finland from BookDepository. The same goes to Kiss of Snow. They'll be sending it to me in a few days. I'm more excited about Kiss of Snow, but I know that Magic Slays will be a winner too :)

Jill D. said...

Nath - LOL, I know how you feel... When you want a book, you just want a book! I will be curious to hear you thoughts on Quinn's latest.

Leslie - I know, I haven't read Johanna Lindsey in a few years, but I have enjoyed her books in the past. That cover was hard to pass up.

Maija - How are you enjoying Singh's series? I am curious to hear your thoughts on her latest. Let me know how you enjoy her book. Does it live up to expectations...

nath said...

Hey Jill :) Didn't get Magic Slays, but got Just Like Heaven :)

I thought the book was cute, but I can understand the 3 stars rating from RT Mag :)

nath said...

Oh and I'm with Leslie, the Lorraine Heath!!

Jill D. said...

Nath - Okay, so the book is just an OK read. That's fine with me. Are you going to post about it? I'll have to come check it out. I can't wait for Magic Slays. Boy did that come fast. I thought I was going to have to wait FOREVER!

Maija said...

Jill,
Psy/Changeling series is one the best I've ever read. I love all her books. I'm really anxious to get Kiss of Snow. Her first book Slave to Sensation is my favorite from this series and I've been saying that perhaps Hawke might take over the first place... Let's see ;)

nath said...

Yes, planning to review it. Either the end of this week or next...

Maija said...

Jill,
I loved Kiss of Snow. It was a fantastic book! Still, after some thinking, I think that the first book Slave to Sensation is my favorite in this series. But Kiss of Snow is so close behind that it's almost like number one too ;)