Tuesday, February 12, 2008

AAR 2007 Annual Reader Poll

 


Yaaaayyy!! I voted today. For those of you who haven’t voted yet, there are only 5 days left to vote. I decided to go ahead and vote because I already had a ton of books for which I wanted to vote for and I didn’t need the extra stress of adding more books to the list. I am really excited about the variety of books. I tried to vote for as many of my favorites as possible. I hope some will be winners. Here is the ballot I sent in:

Best Romance
If His Kiss is Wicked – Jo Goodman

Favorite Funny Romance
Hot Wheels and High Heels – Jane Graves

Most Luscious Love Story
If His Kiss is Wicked – Jo Goodman
(This one was a cop out because I couldn’t remember any books with good love scenes)

Best Erotic Romance
Dirty – Megan Hart

Most Tortured Romance Hero
V from Lover Unbound – JR Ward

Strongest Romance Heroine
Lilith – Demon Angel Meljean Brook

Best Romance Heroine
Emma, And Then He Kissed Her – Laura Lee Ghurke

Best Debuting Romance Author
Shannon K. Butcher

Best Buried Treasure
Night Echoes – Holly Lisle

Guiltiest Pleasure Romance
Dark Rival – Brenda Joyce

Romance Author Most Glommed
Lisa Kleypas
(I read 22 books by her this past year)

Best Cabin or Road Romance
Lessons of Desire – Madeline Hunter

Best Medieval/Renaissance Romance
Ashblane’s Lady – Sophia James

Best European Historical Romance
If His Kiss is Wicked – Jo Goodman

Best Amer Hist or Frontier Romance
Klondike Doctor – Kate Bridges

Best Contemporary Romance
All or Nothing – Claire Cross

Best Series/Category Book
Beau Crusoe – Carla Kelly

Best Romantic Suspense
Count to Ten – Karen Rose

Best SF, Fantasy, or Futuristic Romance
Bloodfever – Karen Marie Moning

Best Paranormal or Time Travel Romance
Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night – Kresley Cole

Best Chick Lit/Women’s Fiction
The Winter Lodge – Susan Wiggs

Romance Author you gave up on in 2007
Linda Howard

Most Disappointing Romance
Lover Unbound – JR Ward

Biggest Wallbanger
Chosen Prey – Cheyenne McCray

4 comments:

Jace said...

Oh Jill ... I still have a few categories that I can't make up my mind on! I'm going to sit myself down this evening and finalize my list!

nath said...

That's nice! I like your list, because there's many books that I've read :) I'm not good for this voting, so I don't usually do it.

Jennie said...

I wanted to vote this year, but I find it a little overwhelming because there are so many categories. But I guess I could just vote in whichever I want to, right? Maybe I'll try. :)

Jill D. said...

Oh ladies, you definitely should vote! I believe you only need to fill out six categories for it to be considered a valid ballot. I myself didn't vote in all of the categories. Well, if you decide not to vote, maybe post a pretend ballot on your blog :)