Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's Valentine's Day!

Well, it's that special holiday of the year that people either love or hate. I used to be in the hate category, but since I have been married (for 7 years now) I switched over to the love category. My husband gave me a couple of books for Valentine's Day this year. I always get a kick out of the books he chooses, so I look forward to seeing what he picks out for me. So far, since he has been gifting me books, he hasn't done too bad of a job. He hasn't ever bought me a book that I have already read. That, in of itself, is quite an accomplishment. I haven't ever heard of either of these authors. Has anyone read any of these books or anything written by either author? I would love to hear what you thought, good or bad. So without further ado, cue the drumroll.... here is what he chose:

 


Title: Dead Perfect
Author: Amanda Ashley
Publishing Date: February 2008
Genre: Paranormal
Publisher: Zebra
Length: 346 pages

From the back cover: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR…
Only a woman with nothing left to lose knocks on a vampire’s door and asks for help. Shannah Davis is convinced that the mysterious dark-haired man she’s followed for months can save her life—if he doesn’t kill her first. But though Ronan insists he can’t give her what she needs, his kiss unleashes a primal hunger that makes her feel truly alive for the first time.

After centuries of existence, Ronan has done the unthinkable. He has fallen in love with a mortal—and one with only weeks to live. Sensing the fear and reluctance beneath Shannah’s request, he offers her a different bargain that will keep her near him during the time she has left. Every hour spent together leaves him craving her touch, her scent, her life’s essence. Soon, only Shannah can satisfy his thirst. But if he saves her from death, will she love him for it—or spend eternity regretting what she has become?

 


Title: Curveball
Author: Kate Angell
Publishing Date: June 2007
Genre: Contemporary
Publisher: Love Spell
Length: 292 pages

From the back Cover: THE BAT PACK
The bad boys of baseball, they are the top power hitters of the Richmond Rougues, and the team's best hope for a shot at the World Series. But when all three have to be benched for brawling, it's the beginning of a shole new ball game.

PSYCHO hits a home run with a decorator who manages to dress up his derelict Colonial while undressing him.

ROMEO slams it out of the park with a female reporter who is the first woman to throw hardballs at the third baseman known for his sweet talk and bedroom eyes.

CHASER almost strikes out with the girl next door, the one he always took for granted until he discovers she's known where his sweet spot is all along.

In the bottom of the ninth, with the bases loaded, each man realizes that happiness is just within reach, even when love throws a... CURVEBALL

3 comments:

nath said...

Hey Jill :)

I don't know about the Amanda Ashley, but I did read and enjoy Curveball. She has an odd style though, so I'm not sure you're going to enjoy.

LOL, did he choose Curveball because of the baseball aspect? or maybe he only went in the A section of Valentine and bought you the two first books he saw and knew for sure you didn't have, LOL :) (just kidding).

Hope you enjoy Curveball!

Jill D. said...

Nath, You hit the nail right on the head, he did choose Curveball because of its sports theme. He chose the Amanda Ashley one because it was just released and he knows I like vampire romances. As far as I am concerned, he did a good job!

In Curveball are there three romances? It sounds interesting, I will give it a go. I am always looking for something new and different.

nath said...

Yep, there is three romances in Curveball... you follow all three at the same times. Personally, I wished she would have focused more on some of them, but I still enjoyed it a lot :)