Saturday, March 14, 2009

Review - Bone Crossed




Title: Bone Crossed
Author: Patricia Briggs
Publication Date: 2009
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Rating: A
Sensuality: Warm

Bone Crossed is book four in Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series. These books are all interconnected and I highly recommend reading them in order. I have a brief post about the series, which you can read here. Bone Crossed starts up about a week after Iron Kissed (book 3) left off. Mercy is recovering from an attack that made national news. I don't want to give too much away without giving spoilers for book 3. Just suffice it to say that Mercy has some issues that she is going to have to work through before she can move on with her life.

Mercy is a coyote shapeshifter and in her world she is at the bottom of the barrel as far as magical beings go. Even though Mercy lacks in actual strength and size, she has enough grit and determination to make up for it. Mercy has a tendency to attract trouble where ever she goes. There is never a dull moment with Mercy around. Lest you think this is a negative. Nope, Mercy has plenty of friends. She has a compassion for helping people and has no shortage of friends helping her when trouble comes knocking on her door. And knock on her door it does.

In Bone Crossed, Mercy has caught the eye of not one, but two vampires and her life is in danger. Luckily, being Adam's mate now has it's advantages and she is protected by the werewolf pack. Bone Crossed had plenty of action and new insight into Vampire politics and the werewolf pack structure. All of which, I find fascinating. I can't say it enough about this book. Mercy has come to be very near and dear to my heart. I care about the characters in this series and I love watching them evolve and kick the bad guys' butts! Bone Crossed is another solid addition, if not the best book yet, in this series. If you haven't read a Mercy Thompson book yet, what are you waiting for?

Here is what others had to say:

SciFiGuy.ca
Breezing Through
Darque Reviews
Avid Book Reader
The Good, The Bad, The Unread
Dear Author
Renee's Book Addiction

6 comments:

nath said...

I really enjoyed this book :) but then, I like Stefan :) Glad you enjoyed it too!

Jill D. said...

It was awesome! I am loving me some Mercy!

nath said...

LOL, everyone seems to have a girl-crush on Mercy... ^_^;

~ames~ said...

Because Mercy is awesome Nath. LOL

Christine said...

Oh! I CANNOT WAIT TO READ THIS! I absolutely LOVE this series. I just haven't had the time to get myself to the bookstore and buy it yet! I'm so thrilled to see it got an A rating from you, though! :D

Jill D. said...

It's really good Christine. Definitely try to get to it. It is really easy reading. I think I read it in a day or two.