Friday, March 5, 2010

1st Shadowfever Excerpt!



As many of you know, I am a HUGE Karen Marie Moning fan and I absolutely LOVE her Fever series. I am dying for the final installment of the series. Unfortunately, it doesn't release until the end of December. However, Karen is usually generous enough to give us little teasers each month with excerpts from Shadowfever. Here is this months teaser:

It's funny the things people say when someone dies.

He/she is in a better place.

How the f#ck do you know that?

Life goes on.

That's supposed to comfort me? I'm excrutiatingly aware that life goes on. It hurts every damned second. How lovely to know it's going to continue like this. Thank you for reminding me.

Time heals.

No, it doesn't. At best, time is the great leveler, sweeping us all into coffins. We find ways to distract ourselves from the pain. Time is neither scalpel nor bandage. It is indifferent. Scar tissue is not a good thing. It is merely the wound's other face.

I live with the specter of Alina every day. Now I will live with this ghost, too. Walk between them, one on my right, one on my left. They will talk to me incessantly. I'll never escape, bridged between my greatest failures.

6 comments:

Maija said...

I love KMM! Can't wait for Shadowfever!

Leslie said...

I wonder who dies? Maybe Dani? :(

Jill D. said...

Maija - I know. I am totally dying for Shadowfever!

Leslie - Did you read Dreamfever? I don't want to spoil anything for you, but let me know before I say anything more...

Leslie said...

Nope. I have it but I'm waiting to read it right before Shadowfever. But now you've got me wanting to read it and worried too. :0

Jill D. said...

Oh.My.God. I am so glad I asked if you had read it before I just started talking about it. I'll not say anything more until you read it. Don't wait. Read it NOW!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it's Christian remember the food she gave him.