Saturday, March 20, 2010

Loot and Links



It has been a while since I did one of these posts. There are a couple of reasons for this, this first is because I haven't been keeping up with my google reader. I am pretty much in the dark about what has been going on in the blogging world for the last three weeks. I have over 360 unread posts in google reader. I am extrememly anal retentive when it comes to my google reader and this is a lot.

The second reason is because I have been trying not to buy any more books. Last time I bought books was at the Central Florida blogger meet and greet. I went with Kris to this awesome bookstore that caters to romance. Well, it turns out that I just couldn't stay away. The store is easily an hour away from my home and I just had this need to go back. So that is where I spent my Saturday afternoon. I managed to only buy 5 books, which I think shows my restraint. Although, I did manage to put a few requests in with the owner because she didn't have all the books I wanted in stock. She did however have Provacative in Pearls, which is the one I really wanted above all the others!

These I bought new:

These I bought used:

As for links, I don't have many to talk about because I am so behind. However, there is one thing that I would like to mention and that is the fun event of DA BWAHA, the romance reader's version of March Madness put on by Dear Author and the Smart Bitches. I filled out my bracket in the hopes of kicking some major butt! The first round has been completed and now the second round has commenced. Even if you didn't fill out a bracket you can still vote here on the books. So far I am doing okay but not great. It's hard to say how this year is going to play out because a lot of great books are going up against each other and it is difficult to choose. Be sure to check it out if you are so inclined. It really is fun!

9 comments:

Kris said...

Should i tell you know that they are having a sidewalk sale next weekend where they have a slew of books 70% off?
Glad you liked the store :)

Jill D. said...

Kris - I found out about the sale yesterday, darn it! Oh well, I really think my husband would kill me if I said I wanted to go back again the next weekend. You'll have to let me know what treasures you find, if you go.

~ames~ said...

I kept meaning to do a bracket and then missed out. I don't mind, I am having fun voting though!

Jill D. said...

Ames - I was really surprised that they had a limited number who could enter. I like playing too!

Hilcia said...

Great buys, Jill. I look forward to your review of Provocative in Pearls. :)

nath said...

But Jill - 70%off!! How can he kill you?!? LOL.

How's Provocative in Pearls? You'll have to let me know :D And it's too bad that those were kind of impulse buys, I could have brought them to you (the Duran and James) at RT...

I'm doing okay in the DA BWAHA :P it's my first time and LOL, it's really fun :P

Jill D. said...

Hilcia - I am almost finished reading Provocative in Pearls. It is pretty enjoyable so far.

Nath - It is not the sale that's the problem. The issue is it takes me an hour to drive to the store and an hour to drive back. I should finish Pearls tonight. So far I am really enjoying it. You are doing great at DABWAHA! I think you are ahead of me :) It is a lot of fun. This is my third year.

nath said...

Ohhhhh. Well yeah, I can understand now why he wouldn't be very happy LOL.

And yes, they just finished compiling the 2nd round points and I'm 7th!! Woohoo LOL. However, I'm not sure for the rest... Hmmm.

Jill D. said...

Nath that is just awesome!! I need to go and see where I am at.