Friday, March 26, 2010

Amethyst Destiny - New Time Travel



One of my favorite sub-genres in the romance category is time travel. I love the juxtaposition of a modern woman with an old-fashioned man. I just came across Amethyst Destiny by Pamela Montgomerie in my RT Book Reviews magazine. They gave it four and 1/2 stars.


Julia Brodie ignores her Scottish cousin's orders not to touch the antique-looking necklace until she gets back to New York, and finds herself yanked back to seventeenth-century Scotland. Talon thinks his own magic ring delivered the petite beauty to him to help him succeed in his latest mission. But when his mission puts her in mortal danger, he begins to realize love is the greatest magic of all. Excerpt

Anybody read this author? What did you think?

5 comments:

Christina said...

I've only read her Silhouette Nocturnes (writing as Pamela Palmer). They were very good -- I enjoyed her world building, characterizations, and general "voice". I don't know how much she changes her style when writing under different pen names, since I haven't read Sapphire Dreams yet.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

P.S. I see, from checking your Shelfari, that you have the first Feral Warrior book. I haven't read that either. Soo many books, so little time...

Martha Lawson said...

This looks good! I'll have to put it on the to buy list. I have read her as Pamela Palmer and loved them.

mlawson17 at hotmail dot com

Maija said...

Looks really nice! I love a good time travel...

nath said...

LOL, seems like you'll have to take your chances, Jill :D

Jill D. said...

Christine - It wasn't til after I posted this that I found out she also writes as Pamela Palmer. I have Desire Untamed in the TBR but I never read it because the reviews were so-so.

PS. Gotta love shelfari!

Martha - Okay, it's nice to hear that someone enjoyed her Pamela Palmer books.

Maija - Oh me too! Time travel is the best.

Nath - LOL, yeah! I'll just have to take a chance :)