Sunday, November 1, 2009

October Book Summary




This month I read 13 books and they were pretty much all over the map. I had some standouts with The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, Practice Makes Perfect and Tempt Me at Twilight. Then I had some duds with Dark Lover and A Marquis to Marry. I also didn't make Nath's Re-read Challenge this month. I just felt that with all the books sitting in my TBR pile, I didn't have time to devote to a re-read. So, a give a big apology to those of you who were anticipating my review of Lucky's Lady.

1. Wild Sweet Ecstasy Goodman (Western) Rating: B-
2. A Marquis to Marry Grey (Historical) Rating: C-
3. Club Dead Harris (Urban Fantasy) Rating: B+
4. Tempt Me at Twilight Kleypas (Historical) Rating: A-
5. A Perfect Darkness Rush (Paranormal) Rating: C+
6. Frostbitten Armstrong (Urban Fantasy) Rating: B+
7. The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie Ashley (Historical) Rating: A-
8. Dark Lover Joyce (Time-Travel) Rating: D
9. Dark Paradise Hoag (Suspense) Rating: B
10. Practice Makes Perfect James (Contemporary) Rating: B+
11. King of Sword and Sky Wilson (Fantasy) Rating: C+
12. Tempt Me Tonight Blake (Contemporary) Rating: B-
13. Everywhere She Turns Webb (Rom. Suspense) Rating: B

6 comments:

Jen said...

Shouldn't this be your October Book Summary? :) November can't be over already!

Jill D. said...

Oh My Gosh! Jen thank you for catching that. I'll correct it right away!

Christine said...

Wow you were so productive! So excited to see you loved Tempt Me At Twilight, Club Dead and The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie! I have all three on my TBR. :)

SarahT said...

I adored 'The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie'. So glad you enjoyed it. I also loved 'Practice Makes Perfect'.

I wasn't as fond of 'Tempt Me at Twiligh't as you were but I LOVED the scenes with Leo and Cat. I'm really looking forward to their book next summer.

nath said...

LOL, at least, you reached your goal for the month :D Strange, I think I have 13 reads as well :P I really love the fact that you manage to review them all!

Jill D. said...

Christine - Great minds think alike! I can't wait to hear what you think of them.

Sarah - What can I say? I am a sucker for Kleypas. Yes, I am always ready for more. Leo and Cat should be good...

Nath - Sometimes it's really hard to review everything. I wonder if it's worth it, but I love to go back and see what I thought. The memory isn't always so acurate, LOL!