Thursday, October 1, 2009
September Book Summary
Wow, can you believe that September is over already? Jeez, this year is flying by and now there are only three more months left! I just squeaked by this month with a total of twelve books read this month. The thing I am really pleased about is that 10 of the books managed to be published this year, which is a good thing because I am behind in my reading pile for books published this year. I hope I can keep this pace for the rest of the year.
I had a mixture of duds and studs. I was disappointed in two authors I usually enjoy (Shannon McKenna and Joey W. Hill) and found a few new authors (Hank Phillippi Ryan, Kimberly Killion and Eva Gordon) who I will be revisiting at some point. I even managed to complete both the TBR Challenge and Re-Read Challenge.
1. Werewolf Sanctuary, Gordon (Paranormal) Rating: B-
2. Prime Time, Ryan (Mystery) Rating: B
3. On a Wicked Dawn, Laurens (Historical) Rating: C+
4. Hunting Ground, Briggs (Paranormal) Rating: A-
5. Never Love a Lawman, Goodman (Western) Rating: B
6. Tasting Fear, McKenna (Rom. Suspense) Rating: D
7. At Grave's End, Frost (Paranormal) Rating: B+
8. The Trials of the Honorable F. Darcy, Angelini (Contemporary) Rating: C+
9. Sliding Home, Angell (Contemporary) Rating: B
10. Beloved Vampire, Hill (Paranormal/Erotic) Rating: C-
11. Highland Dragon, Killion (Medieval) Rating: B+
12. Shadow Touch, Liu (Paranormal) Rating: A